July 19, 2019

July 19, 2019

This morning was freezing, it was honestly the coldest during this entire trip. It could be my body wanting to come home already but let’s just say that I am ready to go home and sleep in my own bed. After waking up I got up and went to shower and change. Funny thing was that a few of us in our little village were supposed to wake up by five to go sand dollar hunting but that did not happen. After getting dressed I started packing and organizing my bag. I was so extremely ready to get out of there. Don’t get me wrong, the beach is a beautiful place to wake up to but gosh was I home sick. 

After breakfast, Bee and I went to walk alongside the shores for a while. After speaking and saying our goodbye to the ocean and sand we headed back to the rv. That’s when I realized that 
my team and I were in charge of organizing our foods into piles and throwing out what wasn’t good. Which on a normal day, I am all for organizing but today I was so lazy and didn’t want to do anything. 

After packing away all of our food supplies and cleaning dishes we started on our next task – cleaning our gear. I went back to our little neighborhood and I started cleaning the inside of our tent and let it air out. Luckily that was all I needed to do since I had organized my bags earlier. 

With a little bit of free time I started to write a letter to the two girls- if I had thought of this earlier, I would have made letters for all of them. Before I had a chance to give away my goodbye letter to these sweet girls, Alexa gave me a note that I will cherish forever. 

Once we were all packed and ready we headed back home. The ride home was such an amazing experience as we all laughed at all the chaos that had happened over the last few days. When I started the trip, I only knew two of the people that were in my bus. I am grateful that now, heading home I know I have five people I can count on at school. 

--------------------------------------------------------------- 
Life Lesson:
Say “yes” to crazy trips that seem scary; you’ll be surprised the amount of good that comes out of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 18, 2019

July 16, 2019